Thank you for your interest in improving our city.
This website is under construction, so please check back for more details. One reason I am running for City Clerk, is that I can see an opportunity to improve online services at little, or no, additional expense to the taxpayers. I will be adding links and posts in the days ahead as examples.
Here is a short summary of my plan to improve services,
- Make it easier for Detroiters to get involved in the political process by posting, requirements, important dates and forms on the website.
- Post the salaries of elected officials on the website.
- Post the results of all local elections on the website.
- Refrain from promoting myself at taxpayer expense. I oppose putting my picture and prominently displayed name on tax-payer funded promotional materials.
- Keep all informational materials non-partisan without promoting any political parties or candidates over any others.
- Improve official recognition of neighborhood patrols.
- Allow voters to keep the same polling places, unless they move or the venue is no longer available.
- If a voter arrives at the wrong precinct, allow them to fill out a ballot at that location (with provisions to prevent repeat voting).
Paid for and approved by the Committee to Elect Scotty Boman. 4877 Balfour Rd. Detroit, MI 48224.